Friday, August 12, 2011

My mom thinks I'm gay because I'm not homophobic?

My mother is really conservative and it really irks me when she says ignorant things. Among her many faults which come with being conservative, she's very homophobic and she recently began talking about NY as the new Sodom. I'm totally cool with gay marriage, in fact I'm actually secretly very happy about it, but around her, the best I can do without lying is pretending to be indifferent. My problem is that even that's not good enough for her. She keeps saying that she's waiting for the day that I come out, and it really bothers me, all because I don't share her views on homosexuality. I don't have a girlfriend so I can't make a point by coming home with one, and even if I did, she knows darn well she wouldn't want me knocking up a girl. But what am I supposed to do when she starts getting paranoid when I come home with a guy friend (like I've done all the time since elementary school)? Do you see how crazy my mom is turning out to be? And for what?

No comments:

Post a Comment